Now and forever.

HomeForum RulesPortalCalendarFAQSearchArcadeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Number of posts : 3607
Current Mood : Geez, I need to DO something.
Fun Quote : 100% Original Bubs! If I had Thumbs, I'd be stickin' them up my armpits right now!
Warning Level : Warning Points: N/A

PostSubject: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

I'm posting this on every forum that I have showed my games on.

Now, I'm sure some of you know that I've been working on more than one game. Frost's Adventure and Splice The Hedgehog.

Concerning Frost's Adventure, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to stop working on it. In other words, cancel it. I know. I promised that I would finish it. But Frost's story was never really great. It was cliche, even though I had fixed it up the best I could, it was still pretty bad. But not appalling. The MAIN reason though, is because the story skips to different periods of his life. Many other games that have the main character as a child who grows up later only have one time jump. This one has like 3-4. And, at certain points of the game, the story drags on for too long, because in the original story, I skipped over a lot. In fact, I skipped a whole planet worth of story. So, Frost's Adventure was doomed to a crashing stop even if I had continued onward with the story. The game got recreated 4 times, anyway. I guess that tells you a little something about it.

However, I can't just throw Frost away like that, for Kirby Fangames were one of the earliest projects I had attempted. So...I am going to go back to my very first idea for Frost's Adventure. I am going to make what is currently known as "Frost's Adventure 2: Dark Kirby's Conquest", The planned sequel. You might be wondering "What's the story behind that?" Well, I'll tell you. Frost's Adventure didn't start out showing his backstory. It was originally something else. The story was actually pretty good. At least above average. The Problem? I executed it the wrong way, since it was back then. Waaaaay back then. The game was so appalling, I couldn't even get past making the intro. I scrapped it and started over, when I got the idea about making a prequel to tell Frost's story. It was kind of needed, since Frost currently lives on Mobius, Sonic's world. We needed to know how he got there. I'll have to settle for a rather long introduction. Maybe as long as the one I just made for Frost's Adventure.
So now, I'm going to remake the game again, the way it was supposed to be. Hopefully it'll be better. I'm going to need some help though, I need some drawn pics of scenes for the intro. Its going to be a whole movie file. I'd prefer if they were all done by the same artist (one who is a very good artist at that, but do your best anyway.) but the more the merrier they say.

As for Splice The Hedgehog, There is a LARGE possibility that there will be a sequel, Starring Smash The Echidna. Of course, Splice will be one of the main characters, but Smash has to be the star.

Over the years, there have been a few RP's that I've been with Star which were relating to eachother in some way. The death of one of Star's main fancharacters lead to the mystery of a very sketchy organization, and also leads to a shocking revelation about Cymbeline.
The plot twists for the sequel are bigger, but I'm not sure if the dramatic battles will be as intense as in the first game.
However, I may be able to do something about that. ;)

So! Here's how I 'm gonna go about this. After I finish a chapter on Splice The Hedgehog, I will move onto Frost's Adventure. After I finish a chapter on that, I'll move back to Splice, and so on and so forth. When they both are done, I'll move onto the sequels. Frost's Adventure was going to have a third game, making it a trilogy. But now, it will be the second. But the name will stay the same, after the RP I did with Speedy and Kapus. "The Final Nightmare". It will involve both Frost's gang and the people on Mobius.
A little fun fact here. Frost's Adventure is based more on past events, while Splice The Hedgehog is based more on the present events. Although The Final Nightmare was very recent. Timeline wise, it goes like this: Frost's Adventure, Frost's Adventure 2, Splice The Hedgehog directly afterwards, and then the sequel which has no name yet.

This is all I can tell you for now. This concludes my important announcement. Smash The Echidna, Signing out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan

Male
Registration date : 2010-03-28
Number of posts : 2151
Current Mood : I dunno.
Warning Level : Warning Points: 1

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:59 pm

It's sad you had to stop Frosts' Adventure, but I'm glad your still working on Splice the Hedgehog. Don't over work yourself Smash, and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male
Number of posts : 5259
Warning Level : Banned

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 pm

TurboAce360 wrote:
It's sad you had to stop Frosts' Adventure, but I'm glad your still working on Splice the Hedgehog. Don't over work yourself Smash, and good luck!
What he said. Long live Smash.

Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female
Number of posts : 3722
Current Mood : Moody
Fun Quote : still don't know what a pinterest is
Warning Level : Kapus is too lame for warning points

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Obviously I'll be working on whichever game Smash is working on.

Youtube|Deviantart|Formspring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhys the Porcupine
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Male
Registration date : 2010-01-27
Number of posts : 3704
Current Mood : Happy
Fun Quote : I never give up, no matter what happens!
Warning Level : Warning Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 3:42 am

All I can say is good luck Smash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sonicworld.6forum.info/forum.htm
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male
Fun Quote : 100% Original Bubs! If I had Thumbs, I'd be stickin' them up my armpits right now!

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 4:46 am

Thanks you guys. I'll do my best! :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 5:03 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:
Thanks you guys. I'll do my best! :D
And making creepy smiles is a detriment to the progress.

Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 5:20 am

That smiley is creepy? well..I'll just have to resort to..uhh.... scratch

Back to top Go down
Joe
Flying Coffee table
Flying Coffee table

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 6:11 am

Smash The Echidna wrote:

Here you go. This smile is much less creepy.

sykog
Cantaloupe Muffin

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Number of posts : 3332
Current Mood : not sure

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 6:32 am

I actually forgot about Frost's Adventure.

angry
Toilet Princess
Toilet Princess

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-16
Number of posts : 3214
Current Mood : See, I might have had a mood. IF, I were just any old dude.
Fun Quote : As if.

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 6:37 am

Doodlestar wrote:
Smash The Echidna wrote:

Here you go. This smile is much less creepy.

what is this i dont even
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 1:07 pm

About Frost's Adventure: The Final Nightmare. I've decided against that. I won't make that game. I will have similar problems to "A Warrior's Tale". Instead, I will make a completely new idea for him. I don't know what the name of the game will be, but it will take place after Smash's starring game. It will take place when Frost finally goes back to his home planet of Solo star, like he's been talking about for the past year& a half or so.

Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Its about time!

Yeah, I convinced Smash to make a game that took place in the present.
Its been quite evident that all games he tried to make based on a story that took place in the past never turned out well. This is one of the reasons why Splice the Hedgehog is his most successful game so far; it takes place in the present.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Kapus wrote:
Its about time!

Yeah, I convinced Smash to make a game that took place in the present.
Its been quite evident that all games he tried to make based on a story that took place in the past never turned out well. This is one of the reasons why Splice the Hedgehog is his most successful game so far; it takes place in the present.
So he's no good at games in the past huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

The main issue here is, most of the incidents in the past weren't very interesting or grand enough to hold up an entire game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Sun May 02, 2010 4:51 am

Kapus wrote:
The main issue here is, most of the incidents in the past weren't very interesting or grand enough to hold up an entire game.

Especially since back in the day, I tried to think up back stories for everyone, not one of them turned out to be good. It was only later, after I made Kyle, that I got better at making backstories. But I couldn't get rid of Frost's story, since that had such a big impact on previous RP's I've been in, which effect the games that I make as well. Even then, There wasn't enough written in them to be made into a big game. There really wasn't. So the main problem was that there were too few events to make a game out of it.

Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 am

...Shouldn't this be posted in Splice The Hedgehog's topic?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Fri May 21, 2010 8:48 pm

What the Hey? I could have sworn I went to the Splice The Hedgehog topic! Moving post to the proper place.

Back to top Go down
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:49 am

Just to let you know that I'm probably not going to make a game about Frost, but it'll still be in the present. Also, I'm going to be writing, or rather, I already AM writing Frost's Story as a fanfiction. The story will be First person. In other words, in Frost's point of view. Although there are chapters that show his twin brother's point of view. You need to know what's going on with him as well.

I'm not sure whether or not I should post it here. If you guys want, I will.

Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah. Smash and I have a Kirby RPG planned that doesn't involve Frost.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 am

Kirby fan fictions are quite uncommon. I'm curious to see what you do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 am

Yes, They are uncommon.
It's a long story, but I ended up crossing over Kirby with Sonic. It ended up being extremely important to the entire series of RP's we do.

Back to top Go down
Kapus
~Treasure Hunter~
~Treasure Hunter~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:13 am

GoldenHedgehog360 wrote:
Kirby fan fictions are quite uncommon. I'm curious to see what you do.

Its a lot more common than you may think..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash The Echidna
Champion Of The Blitz
Champion Of The Blitz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:15 am

Hmm...Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm just not looking in the right place. (not that I was looking for one in the first place.)

Back to top Go down
GoldenHedgehog360
Sonic World Fan
Sonic World Fan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 am

I have a kirby version of Golden that I was planning on making a story for, but I never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.   

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement concerning my Fangames.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1